Welcome to the Western Cape.
The weather here can deliver four Seasons in one day. While you are busy with your Challenge, it would be helpful if you had equipment that helps you on your way and also ensures you are more protected from the elements.
Some sections of the route are isolated and you will need to be able to be as self sufficient as possible.
With this in mind, we have a list of gadgets and gizmo’s to help you along the way.
- Trail running gear and shoes
- Waterproof jacket
- Base layer
- Warm and waterproof gloves
- Waterproof pants or long tights
- Spare pair of socks
- Buff and/or Beanie
- Vaseline / Anti Chafe
- Fully-charged Mobile Phone (take a spare battery, power bank, or only have it on when you need it)
- GPS Watch with the 13 Peaks route on
- First aid kit
- Space blanket
- Head torch and back-up torch